End of Time Prophecies, Apocalypse & Eschatology
In this section of our site, we discuss the End of Time (End Times or End of Days) , leading to End of the World (Doomsday, Last Day), followed by the Day of Resurrection (Day of Judgement). The End of Time is presented primarily from an Islamic perspective, but we also present some of the beliefs and Biblical prophecies of the Jews and the Christians regarding the End of Time, for the sake of comparison and to broaden the horizons of Muslims and our readers in general.
A. When will the End of Time start ?
Based on our numerical analysis of the Quran and Hadith, the official beginning of the End of Time and the coming of the Imam Mahdi will most likely be in 2016 and Jesus Christ (p) will come down from Heaven to Earth most likely in 2022, in-sha Allah (if Allah is willing).
All events we may witness before the official beginning of the End of Time are NOT part of the official End Times events.
B. Three Important Individuals
In Islam, Muslims expect at least 3 important individuals to appear, before the Day of Judgment, in following order: (a) Al-Mahdi, (b) The Dajjal (Anti-Christ), (c) Jesus Christ (p).
Two of them are good men: (a) Sunni Muslims' Mahdi
(b) Jesus Christ (p) (the Messiah).
The third man is the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) will certainly be an evil man. The Dajjal means the Deceiver. There might be two evil persons appearing in the End Times, the first one in 2016 and last one in 2022.
It is worth noting that the Shia are expecting Imam Mahdi who, as portrayed in Shia's books, seems to be an evil man whom the Shia expect that he will persecute Sunni Muslims, resurrect and crucify Prophet Mohammad's صلى الله عليه وسلم Companions, Abu Bakr and Omar as well as Aisha (Prophet Mohammad's صلى الله عليه وسلم wife).
Shia's Imam Mahdi is not likely to appear, but rather the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) may claim to be Shia's Imam Mahdi. However, we may witness the rise of one or more evil Shia leaders who may claim to be paving the way for Shia's Mahdi.
C. What is the sequence of events?
The following Hadiths present the sequence of events:
حدثنا عباس العنبري حدثنا هاشم بن القاسم حدثنا عبد الرحمن بن ثابت بن ثوبان عن أبيه عن مكحول عن جبير بن نفير عن مالك بن يخامر عن معاذ بن جبل قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عمران بيت المقدس خراب يثرب وخراب يثرب خروج الملحمة وخروج الملحمة فتح قسطنطينية وفتح القسطنطينية خروج الدجال ثم ضرب بيده على فخذ الذي حدثه أو منكبه ثم قال إن هذا لحق كما أنك هاهنا أو كما أنك قاعد يعني معاذ بن جبل
Mu'az ibn Jabal narrated that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: "Omran (Re-building) of Jerusalem will be (lead to) Kharab (the pillaging and devastation) of Yathrib (Madina in Saudi Arabia). The pillaging of Yathrib will be (lead to) the outbreak of the Big Battle (with the Romans). The outbreak of the Big Battle will be (lead to) the conquest of Constantinople (Istanbul, New York, or European city). The conquest of Constantinople will be (lead to) the coming of Dajjal (Anti-Christ). Then, ... said: This is as real as you (Mu'az ibn Jabal) are here or you are sitting." (Abu Dawud)
Jaber bin Samra based on Nafi bin Otba reports that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: " ...You will march against (or attack) the Arabian Peninsula and Allah will open (conquer) it, then Persia and Allah will open (conquer) it. Then, you will march against (attack) the Romans' land and Allah will open (or conquer) it. Then, you will march against (attack) the Dajjal (Anti-Christ) (or Dajjal's land), and Allah will open (conquer) it." Then, Nafi said (to Jaber): "O' Jaber, we will not see the Dajjal emerge until the Romans' land has been conquered (by Allah for the Muslims)." (Sahih Muslim and Ibn Majah)
For an understanding of the End Times from Islamic and Non-Islamic perspectives, visit the following pages:
5. Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) will return to Earth (the second coming) by descending from Heaven. He will kill the Anti-Christ.
10. Arabia River
12. Discoveries of Treasures & Religious Relics Muslims are expected to find the Ark of the Covenant, Holy Grail, original Torah and Gospel, in addition to discovering treasures.
13. End Times Wars
14. Fitan (Fitnas) Strifes, trials and Tribulations in the End Times.
15. Kitab Al-Fitan This is a book written by Nuaim bin Hammad who is an ancient scholar. It contains one of the largest collection of Hadiths and narrations about the End Times (Battles, Mahdi, Fitan, etc.). However, many of the Hadiths & Athar in this book are considered weak.
16. Aqd Al-Durar fi Akhbar Al-Muntazar Click to download this book in pdf format. This book was written by Yusuf bin Yahya bin Ali bin Abd-Al-Aziz Al-Qudsi Al-Shafi who is an ancient scholar. It contains a huge collection of Hadiths and narrations specifically about the Mahdi.
17. The End of Israel in 2022 An amazing booklet by Bassam Jarrar about the end of Israel, predicting that it will most likely happen in 2022 AD, based on numerical analysis of the Quran.
18. Clear View of the End of Time a book by Muhammad ibn Gary (a convert to Islam)
20. Jewish End Times What Jewish religious books and Rabbis say about the End of Days.
21. Christian End Times Biblical prophecies about the End of Time, regarding the U.S., U.K., and China.
22. Daniel 9 Prophecy in the Bible Our Islamic interpretation of this famous biblical prophecy !
24. Physics of the Day of Judgment a downloadable article in .pdf format by Dr. Mohammad Humayoun Khan.